Massaman Beef Curry
Function: Slow Cook
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
- 3 tablespoons peanut or coconut oil
- 2 medium waxy potatoes cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons massaman curry paste
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star anise
- 600g oyster blade steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Jasmine rice & lime wedges, to serve
- Press MENU SELECT until the SLOW COOK function is illuminated. The cooking time will automatically set to 4 hours. Press the START|STOP button to start the machine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the GEORGE FOREMAN Multi-Cooker pot. Add the potato, carrot, massaman curry paste, ginger, cinnamon stick and star anise. Stir to combine then cover with the lid.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Cook the beef in batches, until well browned. Add the onion to the pan and cook until lightly golden.
- Carefully remove the lid and add the coconut cream to the GEORGE FOREMAN Multi-Cooker pot, with the cooked beef, cooked onions, beef stock and peanuts.
- Cover with the lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the timer sounds; the beef should be tender.
- Season with brown sugar and fish sauce. Serve with Jasmine rice and lime wedges if desired.