Warm Potato and Smoked Trout Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes (if served cold) / 40 minutes (if served hot)
- 375g Desiree potatoes, quartered
- 1 large or 2 small smoked trout
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped flat parsley
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the prepared potatoes in the base of a steamer basket. Set the timer and cook for 25 minutes, or until cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut into large cubes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Carefully remove the flesh from the trout, making sure all small bones have been removed. Flake fish or cut into small pieces. Place into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add spring onions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix together dressing and mayonnaise then pour over the potato mixture. Gently but thoroughly stir together. Serve at room temperature.