Beetroot & Carrot Salad Moroccan style
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 small beetroot, washed and halved
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Sour cream to serve
- Place the carrot in the chopper bowl and pulse to combine. Blend for 20 seconds on low with a couple of extra pulses until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the beetroot and ginger in the chopper bowl and pulse to combine. Blend for 20 seconds on low with a couple of extra pulses until finely chopped. Add the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, lemon and orange juice and honey and blend for 10 seconds on high. You may need to push the chopped beetroot down from the sides before you blend.
- Pour the beetroot mixture over the carrot and toss to combine. Add the currants and coriander leaves, toss to combine and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with a few spoonfuls of sour cream to serve.